Australia has the highest prevalence of skin cancer worldwide. Skin cancer is by far the commonest cancer affecting Australian people burdening huge expenses over the patients and the society.
Ellenbrook Skin Cancer Clinic is the first and only bulk billing specialized clinic providing skin cancer detection and treatment services to the area. Ellenbrook Skin Cancer Clinic is equipped with the most recent technology available for digital mole scan and check. We bulk bill all consults for detection of the skin cancers. We also offer complex dermatology surgeries mainly covered by Medicare with a small affordable gap saving hundreds of dollars even for those covered by private health insurance.
For more information about Ellenbrook Skin Cancer Clinic visit our website here or talk with one of our friendly reception staff at Total Health Ellenbrook.
Skin Clinic opening hours:
- Digital Mole Scan: Tuesdays 9am-1pm Thursdays 4am-7 pm
- For other skin services please speak with our friendly reception staffs or visit our web site
Our qualified physio team can assist and treat a large number of injuries and aliments and offer a wide variety of services :
- Workers compensation return to work plans
- Treatment and prevention of musculoskeletal injuries
- Chronic pain management
- Tailored gym programs
- Dry needling
Ellenbrook Foot Clinic has a podiatrist onsite on a regular basis. They offer a range of services including but not limited to:
- Orthotic fitting and ordering
- Assisting with foot pain
- Correction of feet deformities affecting posture and skeletal system
- Nail clipping
- Fungal infections
- Detecting and managing vascular or nerve defects
Women’s health is important and we know that most women put family member’s health before theirs. It is important to remember that you need to have regular check-up for early detection of different diseases.
We offer a number of women’s health services
- cervical smear testing
- Adolescences concerns
- Urinary problems
- Skin advise
- Fertility counselling
- Pregnancy and postnatal care
- Birth control
- Implanon insertion and removal
- Midwifery services
- Management of menopause
- Breast check and referral for mammograms
- We are lucky at Total Health Ellenbrook to have a Dr who is able to provide contraceptive advice about the Mirena intrauterine device. This procedure can be booked and performed at our very own clinic in a short 30-minute procedure.
Total Health Ellenbrook has both male and female Doctors that will be able to assist you with your health concerns.
Men’s health is just as important and we know from time to time that men like to treat their health like an Ostridge and place their head in the sand and hope is resolves itself without any intervention.
Men are at higher risk for cardiovascular diseases, occupational hazards, mental illnesses and generally more advanced malignancies at the time attending their doctors.
Prostate cancer is the most common cancer diagnosed in Australia and the third most common cause of death.
It is very important to have a PSA blood test on a regular basis. A PSA test can detect early stages of prostate cancer. Early detection is fundamental to reduce your risk of advance prostate cancer.
Everyone is treated as an individual and a tailored heath care plan can be worked on together with the Total Health Ellenbrook Medical team from involving the nurse, podiatrist, psychologist, dietician, physio and pathology team.
Prevention of diseases or the complications of an existing illness is the cornerstone of general practice and primary health care. At different ages we are more inclined for different ailments. Unfortunately a great number of diseases are insidious and they just present with complications that are either fatal or permanently disabling e.g. Stroke, Heart Attacks, Blindness, Cancers, Dementia, etc.
At Total Health Ellenbrook we offer you extended work ups, assessments and screening tools recommended by Australian Guidelines targeting high risk groups of various ages.
When booking an appointment for any of the above services please let the receptions staff know as they may need to book a longer appointment.
We are mainly known and judged upon our mentality, emotions and traits. When it comes to mental health though the first and hardest step is asking for help and the team at Total Health Ellenbrook are here to offer you that support during this time.
Christina and her team of qualified psychologist can provide the patients of Total Health Ellenbrook with a number of services:
- Treatment for anxiety and depression
- Stress and burn out
- Insomnia management
- Self-esteem and self confidence
- Sexual assault / abuse
- Anger management strategies
- Postnatal depression
- Pre-marriage cancelling
- Couples counselling
- Marriage and relationship counselling
- Various screening and diagnostic tools and tests e.g. ADHD, Personality disorders, IQ and Learning disorder tests, Autism, etc. (private fees apply)
- Total Health Ellenbrook is offering the community of Ellenbrook midwifery services. This is a new service offered in Ellenbrook which will be bulk billed for all patients with a valid Medicare card. This will provide the highest care from the earliest time and less travel to Midland Hospital.
- All antenatal patients can book in to see the midwife. During these consultations the midwife will be able to assist with the following:
- All aspects of antenatal care
- Post-delivery check ups
- Ultra sound referrals
- Obstetric referrals
- Pap smears
- Provide education
- Blood pressure checks
- Mum and baby 6 week check-ups and immunisations
- Provide education and prescribe post-delivery contraception (birth control options)
- Clinipath pathology provides the patients of Total Health Ellenbrook with dedicated and highly trained phlebotomists to make the experience of having blood taken as painless as possible.
- Clinipath pathology requires all glucose tolerance tests to be booked in advance, please contact our friendly staff at Total Health Ellenbrook Clinpath to make your appointment.
- Please remember to keep yourself hydrated before your blood test. You are allowed to drink water and water only right up to the time you come to have your blood taken.
- Clinipath will accept all pathology forms
- All the nursing staff at Total Health Ellenbrook have completed the relevant training to be certificated as an immunisation nurse. At Total Health Ellenbrook we are able to complete all your children’s immunisations.
- 2, 4 and 6 months immunisation
- 12-month immunisations
- 18-month immunisations
- 4 year old immunisation
- High school vaccinations
We will also send this information through to Medicare to ensure you continue to receive your Centrelink benefits
- We are able to offer initial and follow up consultation for Workers compensation. Our Dr’s are fully trained and are aware of the WA Workers Compensation guidelines and will be able to work with you, your employer and insurance company to get you back on your feet.
- The Dr’s and staff at Total Health Ellenbrook have a wealth of knowledge and experience with medicals ranging from
- Commercial Drivers
- Diving medicals
- Childcare medicals
- Racing medicals
Please be advised that completion of medicals is not covered by Medicare and a private fee will need to be paid on the day for the service. Inquiry regarding fees can be made by phoning the reception.
- Iron infusion is a procedure in which iron is delivered to your body intravenously, meaning into a vein through a canula in your arm. This method of delivery for iron is normally performed if you have tried both oral ion tablets as well as regular iron injection.
Our nursing team will make you comfortable in the treatment room as the procedure taken around 45 minutes, your Dr will provide you with a script for the iron which you need to bring with you to your infusion appointment.
As there is no Medicare rebate able item for infusion there is a fee that will be charged for the completion of this service.
- Cortisone injections allow our Dr’s to deliver a powerful anti-inflammatory medication directly to sites of inflammation with minimal side effects. Cortisone injection can offer fast-acting pain relief of inflamed muscles joints, tendons, anthric pain and bursas.
At Total Health Ellenbrook we perform steroid injection for the following reasons and in the following locations:
- Tennis Elbows
- Arthritic Pain
- Hair Loss such as alopecia
- After you have been to see your specialist during which time they have advised you that you will need to have a course of desensitisation injection administered at your local clinic.
Once you have received your immunisation form your specialist, you book an appointment with our nursing team who will administer your medication as per your specialist regime
There is no fee for this service.
- Who doesn’t like a holiday???
At Total Health Ellenbrook we are able to offer a full range of travel vaccinations. Its important to have the right vaccinations and health advice before your travel.
We stock the following vaccines (others can be ordered at the request of the patient):
- Hepatitis A & B
- Whooping cough
- Meningococcal B, ACYW
All travel vaccinations as occur a private fee
- We are aware that the cosmetic outcome of your surgery can be as concerning as the cancer itself.
- If surgical intervention is necessary we offer dermatology and plastic surgery techniques tailored to your individual type and location of the skin cancer being treated.
- Therefore, we strive to offer you the best options when it comes to the cosmetic outlook.
- Better Health Nutrition and Fitness offer dietetic services to the Ellenbrook community at well as to patients at Total Health Ellenbrook. With a number of location around Perth, Ellenbrook is one of their satellite locations
- They accept both private and care plan patients.
They offer some of the following programmes, as well as offer advice and assistance for the following medical conditions:
- 12 weeks loss programs
- Vegan and Vegetarian diets
- Weight management
- Pregnancy and health eating
- Coeliac disease
- Healthy Eating
- Taylor made diets to lower cholesterol
Booking can be made via phoning their office on 6196 2402
- We have a full equipment treatment room which allows us to operate as a mini theatre. Our Dr’s and nursing staff perform a number of procedures we have listed a few below:
- Ingrown toe nail removal
- Iron infusions
- Mirena Insertion
- Implanon Insertion & Removal
- Dressing changes
- Suturing of lacerations
- Excisions of skin lesions
- Ear syringing
- Steroid Injections
- Health Assessments
- Diabetic Assessments
- IV therapy for re-hydration
Our nursing team at Total Health have many years of nursing experience ranging from community nursing, emergence, theatre and health promotion. Fees apply for use of the treatment room.
- Telethon Speech & Hearing provides comprehensive adult services and free services to eligible adult pension card holders and veterans.
- This includes assessment and the fitting of hearing or assistive devices where appropriate. Services include:
- Full audiological assessment
- Work cover hearing assessment
- Pre-employment hearing assessment
- Implantable devices, including cochlear implants assessment and management
- Custom made swim plugs, music plugs and noise protection systems
TS&H work from Total Health Ellenbrook one a month. Bookings can be via phoning their Wembley clinic on 08 9387 9888